How To Live A Good Life, Fields (gently loved)
Nearly every choice we make and action we take, from adolescence to death, is driven by a single, all-consuming quest: to live a good life.
Problem is, there's no clear, practical road map to get there. No single collection of proven strategies that don't require you to buy into a particular doctrine, dogma, faith, or belief in order for you to get the proverbial keys to the good-life castle.
At the same time, a mountain of misinformation distracts and deludes millions into actions and paths destined to fail, then lays blame when the "absolute truths" offered yield nothing more than absolute misery.
How to Live a Good Life is your antidote: a practical and provocative modern-day manual for the pursuit of an extraordinary life. No need for blind faith or surrender of intelligence; everything you'll discover is immediately actionable and subject to validation through your own experience. You will discover 12 elements, drawn from the intersection of science, spirituality, and the author's years-long global quest to interview and learn at the feet of masters from nearly every tradition and walk of life. You will:
- Explore a side of happiness that will not only lead to more joy but also awaken you to forgiveness.
- Learn how to cultivate a fierce sense of meaning and purpose in all you do.
- Discover the unlikely marriage between gratitude and desire and the futility of the near delusional optimism that infects so much of today's personal-growth landscape.
- Revel in the power of belonging and learn how to cultivate it.
- Open to both the responsibility and the gift of freedom, and the transformative power of compassion.
- Understand how to stop living a stress-addled, checked-out, punch-list life and revel in the grace and gift of present awareness.
- Discover how to reclaim your sleep, movement, and nutrition, and seed a wellspring of health and vitality.
Though respectful of tradition, spirituality, and faith, there will be no sacred cows. Long-held myths, often taught as truths, will nonetheless end up busted. Ideas you've held dear will be challenged, then replaced with a new set of guidelines that will, maybe for the first time, unlock a future you've sensed was always there but until now has felt perpetually just beyond reach.
CONDITION: LIKE-NEW. Very minor edge wear.
Reg retail price: $22.50